10 Ways to Avoid Hair Loss
There are many reasons for hair loss and what can cause it – it’s quite normal to lose about 100 stands a day. Excess shedding may be due to medical issues, hormonal changes, diet, and stress. There are several things you can do ensure your hair stays as healthy as possible – take a look at just 10 ways to avoid hair loss…
1. Wash your hair regularly with a mild shampoo – look for products that don’t-contain DHT, and have low levels of ketoconazole – a drug that blocks the conversion of testosterone
2. Massage your scalp – use essential oils to stimulate hair follicles and potentially increase hair density by improving blood circulation to the scalp. Massaging also lowers stress levels – another factor relating to hair loss
3. Don’t brush wet hair – this is when hair is in its weakest state and can damage easily. Use a wide-toothed comb or your fingers to undo tangles, and avoid rubbing your hair dry with a towel – let it dry naturally instead
4. Drink plenty of fluids – hair shafts are made up of 25% water so you need to keep yourself hydrated to encourage the growth of healthy hair – another way to stop hair loss
5. Eat a balanced diet – plenty of lean meats, fish, and soy products will ensure hair loss is curbed. Vitamins encourage the production of sebum in the scalp – vitamin E encourages better blood circulation helping follicles stay productive, and vitamin B promotes healthy hair colour
6. Keep fit – take the time for physical activities every day. Walking, swimming, and cycling all help to balance hormone levels and reduce stress levels which contribute to hair fall. Alternative therapies like yoga and meditation also restore hormonal balance
7. Stay healthy – health issues can have a huge impact on hair loss – infections, illness and fevers all need to be dealt with quickly. Certain medications can also produce side effects and you may need to change your prescription after discussing problems with your doctor
8. Avoid sweat accumulation – wearing hats and helmets can cause sweat to build-up in pores and weaken hair roots – a scarf or bandana is a much better option. Using a shampoo that controls dandruff associated with oily hair can keep the head cool decreasing hair fall
9. Change how you style your hair – don’t use braids and bands that tighten hair, and avoid pulling hair into ponytails. Find a style that doesn’t tug and contribute to bald areas
10. Consider a transplant – for significant hair loss this is an option – hair follicles are taken from the donor regions at the back and sides of the head, grafting them onto the scalp. Modern techniques use hair stem cells to stimulate regrowth in the donor area, allowing for repeated treatments
Life Changing Hair Replacement Systems
Cochrane & Co are non-surgical hair replacement specialists in London – using the effective technology you’ll get a comfortable and believable system that combines a membrane base with real, human hair. After fitting you’ll be able to resume a normal active life – you can shower, swim, and play sports!
The entire system will stay gently bonded to your scalp for up to 13 weeks, and you can have it professionally styled in between. Get all the help, advice, and support you need from experts at the salon.